21st Century Wire says…
In a move that almost sent local residents and police into another tailspin, a 20 year old man is said to have fired the shots from a car moving past a building where demonstrators were gathered after the Department of Justice had announce the end of their federal investigation into racial bias in the Ferguson Police Department.
Nearly 72 hours after two officers were shot in Ferguson, Missouri, and despite protest leaders taking to Twitter to deny he was even there at the time of the incident, investigators appear to have finally tracked down their gunman suspect, named as 20 year old Jeffrey L. Williams.
It appears that Williams was the only person who fired shots, but that other ‘participants’ were involved. Williams 2 counts of assault with a firearm, 1 count firing from vehicle. His 40 caliber weapon recovered matches ballistics from the scene.
According to St. Louis County prosecutor, the suspect maintains that he was firing shots at ‘someone else’ other and did not mean to hit the 2 Ferguson police officers.
Some of the suspect’s social media posts may indicate that he was a regular Ferguson protestor who was also have been present during looting actions against local businesses.
Previously on Thursday, before knowing who the perpetrator was, both President BarackObama and AG Holder referred to then unknown assailants as ‘criminals’ and ‘punks’.
This post was published at 21st Century Wire on MARCH 15, 2015.