‘Stories are wild creatures, the monster said. When you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreak?’ ‘ Patrick Ness, A Monster Calls ‘Suddenly there was a loud crash and someone was shouting our names. A bright white light flashed through the dark. I thought the nuclear war had started. We’d finished our hideaway just in time!’ We pulled that passage from a page of a children’s book called, Nobody Wants a Nuclear War, published in 1987. The book taps into a fear which dates back to the 1950s. When everyone was terrified. When nobody knew what to do. When everyone knew the incredibly destructive potential of nuclear war because it’s all everyone ever talked about. Humanity was on the brink of extinction – and the only contingency plan was to hide underneath your desk. If you were lucky, your dad was frantically busting through water pipes in the backyard to build an underground bunker. The book is out of print and out of date. Not because the nuclear warheads have gone ‘out of print’ or out of date. They’re still there. Looming. Still just as dangerous. We just don’t tell our kids they exist, anymore.
If you are not already aware, micro nukes (nuclear munitions), barometric bomb technologies, and nano-thermite were all used to take down the World Trade Center towers 1, 2, and 7 on Sept. 11, 2001 as I reported on April 15, 2016, in the groundbreaking article titled: ‘Secret barometric bomb technologies, nuclear technologies, used to bring WTC towers down: Proof.’ However, the picture becomes ultra-clear after a man by the name of William Bennette was filmed exiting WTC 7 after the attack in which he admitted that he was ‘Secret Service OST’ which stands for Office of Secure Transportation.
This post was published at shtfplan on June 23rd, 2017.
If at first you don’t succeed, try again… and if that fails, start jawboning about more production cuts again. Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh says on state radio that “we are consulting with OPEC member states to have them prepared to make a decision to make further cuts [to production].”
This post was published at Zero Hedge on Jun 21, 2017.
After Sunday’s shoot-down of a Syrian war plane over the Raqqa countryside, hostilities are flaring between the world’s two largest nuclear arsenals, complete with an exchange of threats. ‘Any aircraft, including planes and drones of the international coalition, detected in the operation areas west of the Euphrates River by the Russian air forces will be followed by Russian ground-based air defense and air defense aircraft as air targets,’ the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement addressing the incident on Sunday. In prior weeks the Russians expressed tacit approval for anti-ISIS operations carried out by the U. S.-led coalition, but the willingness for cooperation diminishes by the day. In another statement, the Russian Ministry of Defense also said it would halt all interactions with the United States under an agreement meant to prevent clashes between Russian and American forces.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton facilitated the transfer a highly enriched uranium (HEU) previously confiscated by the U. S. Department of Energy (DOE) during a 2006 ‘nuclear smuggling sting operation involving one Russian national and several Georgian accomplices,’ a newly leaked classified cable shows.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on Jun 19, 2017.
For the 22nd week in a row, the number of US oil rigs rose (up 6 to 747) to the highest since April 2015. Given the historical relationship between lagged prices and rig counts, we suspect the resurgence in rigs may begin to stall…
Oil is headed for the longest run of weekly losses since August 2015 as OPEC member Libya restored production and the surplus in the U. S. shows little sign of abating.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on Jun 16, 2017.
Whether it’s just more posturing by North Korea or a real threat of war, the rhetoric coming out of the rogue state is getting ever more brazen. Earlier this year, several weeks before President Trump took office and presumably following President Obama’s stark warning about North Korea being the number one threat America faces, Trump tweeted the following: North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U. S. It won't happen! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 2, 2017
Within weeks the 45th President would see his first potential global crisis as the Communist country began the testing of both nuclear weapons and the inter-continental ballistic missiles that could deliver them to their targets.
This post was published at shtfplan on June 13th, 2017.
Having chided President Trump for his “selfish” decision to pull of out the Paris Climate Accord, North Korea’s Kim Jong Un is reportedly preparing for the 10th ballistic missile test-fire this year, and as Asahi reports, unconfirmed information that North Korea will carry out its sixth nuclear test. Military sources revealed North Korea had signs of launching ballistic missiles on the morning of the 8th. The detailed location has not been revealed. Since launching a ballistic missile towards the Sea of Japan in May 29 when launched. It will be the 10th launch this year. According to the sources, Asahi News reports, it seems that North Korea has developed a mobile launching pad and is ready to launch ballistic missiles.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on Jun 7, 2017.
Putting together the bits of information coming from various sources leads to the conclusion that a US pre-emptive strike against North Korea is a possibility that may turn into reality pretty soon. Everyone knows it’s fraught with implications and nobody wants it but there is a good reason to believe it’s coming closer. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has supervised the test of a new anti-aircraft weapon system and ordered its mass production and deployment throughout the country. It took place after Pyongyang conducted a second missile test within a week, sending a medium-range ballistic missile into the waters off its east coast on May 21. North Korea said the test was a success and the weapon could now be mass-produced. If a strike to knock out the nuclear and ballistic missile program infrastructure is planned, it would better be delivered before the air defense systems are in place. North Korea’s missile program is progressing faster than expected, South Korea’s defense minister said on May 16, after the U. N. Security Council condemned the launch of a new long-range missile and demanded Pyongyang halt weapons tests. North Korea has defied all calls to rein in its nuclear and missile programs, including from Russia and China. The country’s leadership openly states that it has been working to develop a nuclear-tipped missile capable of striking the US mainland, and the recent tests are steps toward that aim. North Korea has conducted five nuclear tests so far, including two last year.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on May 30, 2017.
Just hours after today’s second consecutive successful launch of a North Korean ballistic missile in one week, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un approved “the deployment of the new intermediate-range ballistic missile for combat use” as the country succeeded in test-firing it, Pyongyang’s state media said Monday, cited by Yonhap. KCNA also redundantly added that Kim personally observed the launch of the new ground-to-ground Pukguksong-2 missile, and approved the deployment of the Pukguksong-2 for action, calling it a “successful strategic weapon,” the KCNA said… as if there may have been something more important for Kim to do during that time. “This type of missile should be rapidly mass-produced in a serial way” to arm the strategic force of the Korean People’s Army, Kim was quoted as saying by the report. He set forth the strategic tasks for bolstering the country’s nuclear force, it added.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on May 21, 2017.
The hacking group known as ‘The Shadow Brokers’ is pushing a monthly subscription service offering members top secret information including “compromised network data” from the nuclear and ballistic missile programs of Russia, China, North Korea and Iran.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on May 19, 2017.
On Monday morning, North Korean state TV released footage claiming to be of the ballistic missile they fired on Sunday.
As a reminder, earlier in the day, North Korea said it had successfully launched a new type of ballistic missile in its latest test which it said was aimed at building capacity to launch nuclear missiles. The North fired a ballistic missile that landed in the sea near Russia on Sunday in a launch that came just days after South Korea’s new President Moon Jae-in, who has called for closer engagement with Pyongyang, was inaugurated in Seoul. The missile was launched at the highest angle so as not to affect the security of neighbouring countries and flew 787km reaching an altitude of 2,111.5km, KCNA said. Experts said the altitude reached by the missile tested meant it was launched at a high trajectory, which would limit the lateral distance it travelled. But if it was fired at a standard trajectory, it would have a range of at least 4,000km, according to experts.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on May 15, 2017.
Two days after the latest provocative missile test by North Korea, in which it launched a “new type” of ballistic missile, one which experts warned had a substantially longer range than any existing rocket North Korea had fired, on Monday morning North Korea announced that it had successfully conducted a mid-to-long range missile test on Sunday supervised by leader Kim Jong Un which was aimed at verifying the capability to carry a “large scale heavy nuclear warhead.” The country’s KCNA news agency further said that the Hwasong-12 missile was launched at the highest angle so as not to affect the security of neighboring countries and flew 787 kilometers reaching an altitude of 2,111.5 kilometers. In an earlier article, we explained how and why the ballistic missile used may have been the most advanced one tested by North Korea yet.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on May 14, 2017.
‘The problem is that the world has listened to Americans for far too bloody long.’ – Dr. Julian Osborne, from the 2000 film version of Nevil Shute’s 1957 book, On the Beach A reader asked why neoconservatives push toward nuclear war when there can be no winners. If all die, what is the point? The answer is that the neoconservatives believe that the US can win at minimum and perhaps zero damage. Their insane plan is as follows: Washington will ring Russia and China with anti-ballistic missile bases in order to provide a shield against a retaliatory strike from Russia and China. Moreover, these US anti-ABM bases also can deploy nuclear attack missiles unknown to Russia and China, thus reducing the warning time to five minutes, leaving Washington’s victims little or no time in which to make a decision. The neoconservatives think that Washington’s first strike will so badly damage the Russian and Chinese retaliatory capabilities that both governments will surrender rather than launch a response. The Russian and Chinese leaderships would conclude that their diminished forces leave little chance that many of their ICBMs will be able to get past Washington’s ABM shield, leaving the US largely intact. A feeble retaliation by Russia and China would simply invite a second wave US nuclear attack that would obliterate Russian and Chinese cities, killing millions and leaving both countries in ruins.
Authored by Cyril Widdershoven via OilPrice.com, Political instability in Saudi Arabia is growing as King Salman bin Abdulaziz begins to overhaul the Saudi government, putting a long list of family members into positions of influence while increasing the power of his son, Deputy Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman. These actions have the potential to lead to a direct conflict with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef. The expected internal power collision, predicted by many analysts, finally seems to be heating up. The real surprise, however, is that it is taking place while King Salman is still alive rather than during the succession period. King Salman’s royal decrees, in which he has appointed two of his other sons, Prince Abdulaziz and Prince Khaled as Minister of State for Energy Affairs and Ambassador to the United States respectively, has opened up Pandora’s box. At the same time, King Salman has decided to re-establish all allowances and benefits which were canceled last September during the oil price bust. Additionally, the King has stated that two months of salary will be paid as an allowance to the military and security personnel fighting in Yemen. The latter is a complete reversal on economic measures taken in 2016 when Saudi Arabia was hard hit by the global slump in oil prices. The power struggle in the coming months could emerge inside of King Salman’s palaces as the current government overhaul is a direct move to increase the influence of the Salman branch of the Al Saud family tree. During this time, media sources in Saudi Arabia and the GCC have indicated that King Salman’s decrees have moved several allies of his son, Mohammed bin Salman, into key positions. King Salman has also shown a keen interest, likely supported or instigated by Mohammed bin Salman, in strengthening relations with the United States. The appointment of Price Khaled as ambassador to Washington is convincing evidence of this suggestion.
This post was published at Zero Hedge on May 5, 2017.
Several weeks ago a Russian military expert named Viktor Baranet made headlines when he warned that Russia has planned an asymmetric response to any U. S. threat of war. That response, according to Baranet, included the deployment of ‘mole nukes,’ a weapon that is supposedly buried several miles of the coast under the ocean floor. Should war ever break out between Russia and the United States, the bombs would be detonated with the goal of causing massive Tsunamis that would wipe out coastal cities. The weapon is known as a ‘nuclear mole,’ and it’s an underwater drone that carries a nuclear warhead, then burrows into the seabed floor off the coast of the target country. Once buried into the sea floor, these nuclear weapons can be remotely detonated to cause a massive tidal wave that would wipe out coastal cities in minutes. I have estimated that a series of these weapons could be detonated in a timed sequence that multiplies the amplitude of the tidal wave, causing a much larger and more devastating wave than any single weapon by itself.
This post was published at shtfplan on May 4th, 2017.
With China issuing a final warning to North Korea earlier today, and U. S. President Donald Trump keeping all options on the table as he prepares a response to continued North Korean military posturing and rhetoric, Army General Raymond A. Thomas confirmed in sworn testimony to a Congressional sub committee that special operations teams will be utilized as part of any conflict with the rogue state and would likely be sent in to secure and/or destroy North Korean nuclear facilities in the event of war: Army Gen. Raymond A. Thomas stated in testimony to a House subcommittee that Army, Navy, and Air Force commandos are based both permanently and in rotations on the Korean peninsula in case conflict breaks out. The special operations training and preparation is a warfighting priority, Thomas said in prepared testimony. There are currently around 8,000 special operations troops deployed in more than 80 countries.
This post was published at shtfplan on May 3rd, 2017.
It’s never been assumed that we would see a nuclear conflict in our time on Earth until recently. Especially now that North Korea and United States government can’t seem to back off each other. So in steps China with some valuable advice: ‘stop irritating each other.’ Thanks, China; for keeping everyone rational. The large communist country has now called for all sides in the North Korean standoff to stay calm and ‘stop irritating each other.’ This slice of advice comes just one day after Pyongyang said the US was pushing the region closer to a nuclear war. But both sides are obviously to blame. The United States has no reason to fear a country who is incapable of successfully testing a ballistic missile. But the little dictator in charge of communist North Korea, Kim Jong-un, feels like his ego is being threatened, so he is trying to get Donald Trump to take action. Hopefully, Trump can see past it and just let it go, but politicians seem to enjoy war.
Earlier this morning we reported that according to Korea Times, China had allegedly sent North Korea what amount to a final warning over its military provocations. The rumor cited the May issue of Hong Kong monthly news outlet Dong Xiang. It said a Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs junior minister invited Park Myung-ho, an official of North Korea, for a meeting. China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi attended the meeting and asked his junior to read aloud the warning to the North over the nuclear test. The memorandum mentioned that China will condemn strongly, pull back on all economic cooperation and even blockade North Korea if it conducted the test. It didn’t take Korea long to respond…
This post was published at Zero Hedge on May 3, 2017.
No Shouts of Joy from Kim Jong-Un On April 28, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told the U. N. that North Korea ‘must dismantle its nuclear missile programs’ before the US ‘can even consider talks.’* Sounds reasonable. Why hasn’t the Kim Jong-Un regime responded with open arms and shouts of joy for this generous and fair-minded proposal from Uncle Sam?
This post was published at Acting-Man on May 2, 2017.