The Economist Goes There (Again)

Economist publisher Lynn Forrester de Rothschild was part of team Clinton #PodestaEmails36 #PodestaEmailspic.twitter.com/iYq9dHc7ST
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) November 9, 2016

After a few months off from lambasting President Trump on the cover, Economist publisher, Lynn Forrester de Rothschild, has decided now is the time to go after him again…
As a reminder, it was just February when The Economist turned the fearmongery amplifier to ’11’ in its latest op-ed describing the ‘insurgency in The White House’.
Washington is in the grip of a revolution, The Economist begins…
The bleak cadence of last month’s inauguration was still in the air when Donald Trump lobbed the first Molotov cocktail of policies and executive orders against the capital’s brilliant-white porticos. He has not stopped…

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 17, 2017.

Live Feed: At Least 13 Killed After Van Plows Into Barcelona Crowd; One Person Arrested

Report: Somebody has opened fire on police in second possible attack. #Barcelona pic.twitter.com/EiqOymOsvj
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 17, 2017

Live Feed:
Summary of the latest:
A terror attack took place in Barcelona when a van plowed into a crowd in Las Ramblas, killing at least 13 and injuring over 20 The Spanish passport of a person of Moroccan origin was found at the scene of the attack, TV3 reports. Spanish public broadcaster RTVE says that one suspect in the Barcelona van attack has been arrested. Spanish police say there is no one at large in any bar in central Barcelona. There are unconfirmed reports of a second attack. This would be the deadliest terrorist attack in Spain since 2004 bombing, when Islamist militants placed bombs on commuter trains in Madrid, killing 191 people and wounding more than 1,800. Update 8: The Catalan Police says that in response to reports, there is nobody held up in a bar in Barcelona. Meanwhile, Fox reports that someone has opened fire on police in a second possible attack:

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 17, 2017.

Speculation Of Bannon’s Demise Floods The Media, Again

If @realDonaldTrump is sincere about rejecting alt-right white supremacists sympathizers, he should start at the White House. #FireBannon pic.twitter.com/m2bfps3Q5g
— Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi) August 14, 2017

Bannon’s imminent demise has been predicted by the media on so many different occasions since Trump moved into the White House that we’ve lost count. Not surprisingly, the media sometimes has difficultly deciphering between ‘news’ and the propagation of their own wishful thinking. We noted a couple of the false alarms here:
Bannon In Jeopardy: Trump Suspects Key Advisor Is Source Of Leaks Steve Bannon In “Self-Imposed Exile” After Disputes With Trump’s Inner Circle Trump Threatens Bannon With Ultimatum Over Kushner Rift: “Straighten It Out Or I Will” But, despite their inaccurate past predictions, the rampant speculation of Bannon’s early demise rages on in the mainstream media with the latest installment coming from the New York Times.
Rupert Murdoch has repeatedly urged President Trump to fire him. Anthony Scaramucci, the president’s former communications director, thrashed him on television as a white nationalist. Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, the national security adviser, refused to even say he could work with him.

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 15, 2017.

Kelly Loses Control Again As Trump Retweets, Then Deletes, User Calling Him A Fascist

Judging by this morning’s presidential twitter blooper reel we can only assume that General Kelly didn’t make the trip to New York City with President Trump last night.
Trump’s latest unforced error came when he attempted to retweet a Fox & Friends story which said that he was considering a presidential pardon for former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Unfortunately, he inadvertently retweeted someone’s response to the story who had called Trump a fascist.
He's a fascist, so not unusual.
— Mike Holden (@MikeHolden42) August 15, 2017

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 15, 2017.

Suspect Name, Mugshot Emerges In Charlottesville Car Attack That Killed 1, Injured 26

Update 12: Charlottesville Police have officially named James Alex Fields, Jr., 20, of Ohio as the suspected driver in an attack on a crowd of counter-protesters that killed one and injured 26 earlier today, NBC reported.
They’ve also released Fields’s mugshot:
BREAKING: James Alex Fields Jr. identified as suspect in deadly car plowing in Charlottesvillepic.twitter.com/XL7ZW633ac
— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 13, 2017

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 12, 2017.

One Dead, At Least 19 Injured, After Car Plows Through Crowd of Protesters in Charlottesville

A car plowed into protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, today, injuring multiple people severely – killing one – and, as first responders rushed to perform CPR and tend to the injured, law enforcement hunted down the badly damaged vehicle – and reportedly arrested the driver.
pic.twitter.com/DIcrKQVIar
— Kno (@Kno) August 12, 2017

This post was published at The Daily Sheeple on August 12, 2017.

Reporter Asks Trump If We’re Going To War: ‘I Think You Know The Answer To That’

There has been much debate about whether or not North Korea possesses not only nuclear weapons, but the capabilities to fit them onto an ICBM that can accurately hit targets in Japan, Guam or the United States.
While we’ve repeatedly warned that North Korea does have such technology, including a ‘Super EMP’ weapon capable of disabling the U. S. power grid if detonated directly over the Central United States, at this point, none of that may even matter because a war of words and egos is already taking place between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump. Each verbal exchange, whether via Twitter or NK’s state-sponsored media, appears to further escalate tensions. This week the President warned the rogue leader that any overt threat from the Communist nation would be met with a military response.


This post was published at shtfplan on August 12th, 2017.

Trump: “Military Solutions Are Now Fully In Place, Locked And Loaded”

#USAF B-1B Lancer #bombers on Guam stand ready to fulfill USFK’s #FightTonight mission if called upon to do so pic.twitter.com/IAm2qLwcWY
— U. S. Pacific Command (@PacificCommand) August 11, 2017

Confirming yesterday’s report that the Pentagon is now prepared for a “preemptive strike”, or response to any provocative action by North Korea, moments ago president Trump took the verbal war of words with Kim Jong-Un into the fourth day when he tweeted that “military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!”
To underscore his point, Trump moments ago retweeted the US Pacific Command’s tweets from Thursday night, in which it said: “#USAF B-1B Lancer #bombers on Guam stand ready to fulfill USFK’s #FightTonight mission if called upon to do so”

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 11, 2017.

California vote scandal blows up

The watchdog group, Judicial Watch, is threatening to file a lawsuit if the state government of California doesn’t clean up its vast voting mess. (twitter video version here, more video here)
What mess?
Judicial Watch: ‘…public records obtained…show 11 California counties have more registered voters than voting-age citizens.’
What??
There’s more.
‘Los Angeles County officials ‘informed us that the total number of registered voters [in the County] now stands at a number that is a whopping 144% of the total number of resident citizens of voting age.”
FAR MORE REGISTERED VOTERS THAN THE TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO ARE OF VOTING AGE.
That’s doesn’t work. That’s fraud.
Now add this to the mix. Over a million illegal immigrants (some say far more) have received driver’s licenses in California. All of them (unless they specifically opt out), are automatically registered to vote by the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
Put all this insanity together, and what do you get? A gigantic number of people who can illegally cast votes. Because, in California, it’s legal to be illegal.
Want to proceed further down the rabbit hole?

This post was published at Jon Rappoport on August 8, 2017.

North Korea Responds To Trump Threat, Says It Is “Seriously Considering” Pre-Emptive Nuclear Strike On Guam

After #DPRK threat to attack #Guam, the delegate in Congress from the US territory issues a statement. pic.twitter.com/sd7uLRZgT4
— Steve Herman (@W7VOA) August 8, 2017

Challenge accepted.
If Trump thought that his bluff would be sufficient to finally shut up North Korea, and put an end to Kim’s provocative behavior, well… bluff called because North Korea’s state-run KCNA news agency reported moments ago that not only did N. Korea escalate the tensions up another notch, but explicitly warned that it could carry out a “pre-emptive operation once the US shows signs of provocation”, and that it is “seriously considering a strategy to strike Guam with mid-to-long range missiles.”
Story highlights from Reuters:
N. KOREA WARNS OF OPERATION ON SIGNS OF U. S. PROVOCATION: KCNA N. KOREA SAYS U. S. WAR HYSTERIA TO BRING MISERABLE END: KCNA N. KOREA CAN STRIKE BEFORE ANY U. S. PRE-EMPTIVE ATTACK: KCNA N. KOREA SAYS IT COULD CARRY OUT PRE-EMPTIVE OPERATION ONCE U. S. SHOWS SIGNS OF PROVOCATION -KCNA CITING MILITARY SPOKESMAN

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 8, 2017.

Kelly Loses Control As “Vacationing” Trump Unleashes Angriest Tweetstorm Yet

Just days after the Wall Street Journal and others reported that Trump’s new Chief of Staff, General John Kelly, had taken steps to “control” the flow of information on the President’s twitter feed, America will wake up this morning to one of his longest tweet storms yet. Not surprisingly, this latest rant started off by ripping into the “Failing NYTimes” and other “24/7 Fake News” outlets…
The failing @nytimes, which has made every wrong prediction about me including my big election win (apologized), is totally inept!
The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio and West Virginia. The fact is the Fake News Russian collusion story, record Stock Market, border security, military strength, jobs, Supreme Court pick, economic enthusiasm, deregulation & so much more have driven the Trump base even closer together. Will never change!
Hard to believe that with 24/7 #Fake News on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NYTIMES & WAPO, the Trump base is getting stronger!

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 7, 2017.

Venezuela Claims It “Crushed” A Military Rebellion

One day after Maduro’s new “constituent assembly” expelled chief prosecutor Luisa Ortega Diaz – the highest-ranking member of President Maduro’s administration to break ranks with the authoritarian – from her post and ordered her to stand trial, confirming fears that it would use its unchecked powers to root out government critics, Venezuelan authorities claimed to have suppressed a military rebellion near the central city of Valencia, an official said on Sunday morning.
As Reuters reports, socialist Party deputy Diosdado Cabello made the announcement shortly after the release of a video showing a group of men in military uniform announcing a rebellion and calling for a broad uprising against President Nicolas Maduro. Cabello also said that there was a “terrorist” attack at a military base controlled by troops loyal to the government and several people were arrested, according to AP. One witness in the area of a military base in the town of Naguanagua reported hearing gunshots before dawn, but Cabello said the situation had been brought under control.
On Twitter, Cabello said that troops acted quickly to control the situation in the early morning at the Paramacay base in the central city of Venezuela.
En la madrugada atacantes terroristas entraron al Fuerte Paramacay en Valencia, atentando contra nuestra FANB. Varios terroristas detenidos.
— Diosdado Cabello R (@dcabellor) August 6, 2017

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 6, 2017.

Loretta Lynch Communicated With DOJ Officials Using Grandmother’s Name As Alias

Submitted by @ZeroPointNow, originally published at iBankCoin.com
Loretta Lynch has been busted using an alias to communicate with DOJ officials, per a tweet by Kim Dotcom last night. The revelation comes after internet sleuths sifted through a new release of emails obtained via FOIA request by the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) last week (link here to PDF) and found an email from ‘Elizabeth Carlisle’ to colleagues, thanking ‘to all who worked on this.’
BREAKING: Did Loretta Lynch use an alias to communicate with DOJ officials and why? Who is Elizabeth Carlisle? Dear Internet, investigate! pic.twitter.com/oqngTKDhLY
— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) August 5, 2017

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 5, 2017.

Mike Huckabee on the 17th Amendment: Evil Plot or Great Idea?

Following the US Senate’s failure to pass a bill repealing Obamacare, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee decided that the Senate would do a better job if the 17th Amendment were repealed. Huckabee took to twitter and said:
Time to repeal 17th Amendment. Founders had it right-Senators chosen by state legislatures. Will work for their states and respect 10th am[endment.]
Huckabee, of course, is referring the Constitutional amendment that altered the method by which US Senators are elected. Prior to the Amendment’s passage in 1913, Senators were – at least in theory and on paper – selected by the state legislature in each state. Since the amendment was adopted, Senators are selected via popular vote in each state.
The response to Huckabee’s very brief missive was fairly predictable. Reactions ranged from pearl-clutching horror at Gizmodo to Allen West’s declaration that repealing the Amendment would force Senators to take marching orders from state legislators.
History suggests, however, that a repeal of the 17th Amendment would not lead to nearly as big a change as these commentators seem to think.

This post was published at Ludwig von Mises Institute on Aug 3, 2017.

Venezuela’s Opposition, Battling Nicols Maduro, Suffers a Crippling Blow

Just a year and a half ago, Venezuela’s opposition was riding high, at the apex of its power.
It had taken control of the National Assembly after years of having been outflanked by Venezuela’s left. It was planning new laws, the release of its political prisoners and overhauls intended to pull Venezuela out of a deep economic crisis. Its eye was on the presidency in 2018.
But with one contentious vote on Sunday, President Nicols Maduro effectively liquidated any political challenge that the opposition might present for him for years to come. Around midnight, officials certified the creation of a new political body, known as the constituent assembly, with the power to rewrite the Constitution to favor Mr. Maduro and empowered in the meantime to dismiss any branch of government viewed as disloyal.
Early Tuesday, family members of two prominent opposition figures, Leopoldo Lpez and Antonio Ledezma, said on Twitter that the men had been taken from their homes by security forces. Both men had been under house arrest.
It was a dramatic crash for the country’s opposition in its long quest to regain control of Venezuela after a tide of popular discontent brought Hugo Chvez to the presidency in 1999. Not since the politicians joined the military to back a failed coup in 2002 – which spurred Mr. Chvez to purge his opponents – have members of Venezuela’s opposition been laid so low.

This post was published at NY Times

Two US Troops Killed In Afghanistan After Taliban Suicide Attack

Resolute Support can confirm that a NATO
convoy was attacked this afternoon in #Kandahar . pic.twitter.com/gwRfMGBjLq
— Resolute Support (@ResoluteSupport) August 2, 2017

Two U. S. troops were killed in Afghanistan on Wednesday according to Reuters when a NATO convoy came under attack in Kandahar province, Pentagon spokesman Navy Captain Jeff Davis said, with NATO adding that the assault led to an unspecified number of casualties.
AFP reported earlier on Wednesday that a suicide bomber drove an explosives-laden vehicle into the convoy near the Kandahar airport, home to a major military base for international troops helping Afghan security forces in their battle against the Taliban insurgency.
“At around noon a car bomb targeted a convoy of foreign forces in the Daman area of Kandahar,” he said.

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 2, 2017.

Russian PM: “The U.S. Just Declared Full-Scale Trade War On Russia”

Surreal headline of the day pic.twitter.com/CsIMNBI49O
— Gap Spotter (@GotfrydKarol) August 2, 2017

Several hours after President Trump officially signed the new Russian sanctions into law – despite his reservations and his statement that while he favors “tough measures to punish and deter aggressive and destabilizing behavior by Iran, North Korea, and Russia, this legislation is significantly flawed” – Russia responded when moments ago Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said on his FaceBook page that any hopes of improving Russian relations with the new US administration are dead, that the Trump administration demonstrated complete impotence by transferring executive power to Congress “in the most humiliating manner”, and most notably, that the US just declared a full-scale trade war on Russia.
From Medvedev’s facebook page:
The signing of new sanctions against Russia into law by the US president leads to several consequences. First, any hope of improving our relations with the new US administration is over. Second, the US just declared a full-scale trade war on Russia. Third, the Trump administration demonstrated it is utterly powerless, and in the most humiliating manner transferred executive powers to Congress. This shifts the alignment of forces in US political circles.

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 2, 2017.

Senator Graham: Trump Is Prepared To Strike; “There Is A Military Option To Destroy North Korea”

This is the place where North Korea launched its latest missile (left) and the Japanese island closest to its landing spot (right) pic.twitter.com/IPl4eRG5Yf
— Anna Fifield (@annafifield) July 28, 2017

Appearing on the Today Show earlier this morning, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said that President Trump has indicated to him that the administration is prepared to strike North Korea to prevent an attack against the U. S. Pushed on by Matt Lauer on whether a viable military option exists in the region, Graham responded: “They’re wrong. There is a military option to destroy North Korea’s program and North Korea itself.”
“They’re wrong. There is a military option to destroy North Korea’s program and North Korea itself. If there’s going to be a war to stop him [Kim Jong Un], it will be over there. If thousands die, they’re going to die over there, they’re not going to die here and he’s [Trump] told me that to my face.”
“And that may be provocative, but not really. When you’re president of the United States, where does your allegiance lie? To the people of the United States. This man, Kim Jong Un, is threatening America with a nuclear tip missile. President Trump doesn’t want a war, the Chinese can stop this, but to China, South Korea, and Japan, Donald Trump is not going to allow this missile.”

This post was published at Zero Hedge on Aug 1, 2017.